Hiring a contractor to complete any work in your home can be a cumbersome decision to make, as it is not only a costly decision, but a decision you want to be confident in, since you will be inviting the individual(s) into your home to alter and perform some potentially drastic physical changes to parts of your home.
We’ve compiled a list of questions, which we believe are great questions to help you figure out if the contractor you’re speaking with is right one for the job. It’s a long list of questions, so you won’t need to ask every question during your interview, we recommend picking anywhere from 3-5 questions to help you better gauge what the company is like, their policies and different types of services offered.
It would also be a good idea to review all the questions for what answers you expect to hear from the contractor you wish to hire.
- Is there a fee charged for receiving a quote?
- What type of experience do you have installing windows (i.e. number of years of experience, different types of windows installed for residential or commercial buildings)
- Are the contractors full-time staff or subcontractors?
- Is there a designated foreman or project manager on site during the installation process?
- What type of window or brand would you recommend and why?
- Is there any warranty on the work? (As well as the windows itself.) Who can I contact if there are any issue post-installation?
- What are your payment terms?
- How long is the process from ordering to installation?
- How do you finish the interior of the windows after installation?
- How long would the window installation project take you? (Include the number of windows you wish to have replaced.)
- Do you have any recent projects where I can see how the windows look from the street?
- Do you have any customer referrals?
Hope these questions help you choose the right contractor for your windows. Most of these questions can also be applied to any type of contractor you wish to bring into your with a little tweaking on the questions. If you have any questions specific to the services or types of windows we offer, please leave a comment below and we’ll chat soon!