Adding value to your house can be a daunting task. You don’t want to waste your time and money making changes that end up being useless in the long run.
If you’re a homeowner searching for a trendy yet durable way to improve your house, it’s hard to sift through all of the options available.
What if there was something that has been surging in popularity, increases resale value, and adds usable square footage to your property?
Sounds like a dream come true but there really is an all-in-one solution – the enclosed porch.
Need a good reason to invest in one? Read on!
Hard Facts: What You Need To Know About Porch Enclosures
Did you know that there’s been a year over year surge in requests for patio and professional sunroom services – 26% to be exact?
Enclosed porches have been named one of the best ways to add value to a house.
If you’re looking to renovate, you can’t go wrong with a gorgeous addition, like a sunroom or a patio.
If you want to bump your chances of selling your house, adding an enclosed porch can actually yield a 75% return on investment!
It’s safe to say that sunrooms are high in demand as a feature on your home!
Which Kind Will Meet Your Needs Best?
There are many different kinds of enclosed porches that will work with your needs and budget. If you can dream it, you can build it!
- Screening In A Patio – A patio is typically an outdoor area that’s exposed to the elements. Add some screen or glass to keep bugs out while still enjoying the sunlight.
- Enclosed Porches – A porch is like a patio with a roof. Add simple screens or chic glass panels to enhance this outdoor area. If your porch is on the front side of your house, it makes for an elegant transition area.
- Matching Your Home’s Exterior – Carefully consider the look of the enclosed area and keep your ideas in line with your home’s style for maximum effect.
- Consider The Roof – Could you maybe add windows to a vaulted ceiling or add a sunroof? These are definitely unique options!
- French vs. Sliding Glass Doors – Depending on what you’re going for, either of these makes an excellent option. French doors usually come in pairs, allowing for a wide entrance if you open them both at the same time, and look great with old fashioned houses. Sliding glass doors are more streamlined and save space as well.
- Collapsible Screens – This new sophisticated system allows for unobstructed views by having interlocking glass panels that slide out of the way.
- Three And Four Season Rooms – You’ll want to spend a lot of time in your renovated porch or patio. Make sure that it’s completely comfortable by adding air conditioning or heating as needed.
- DIY vs. Professional – If you’re handy with a hammer or prefer to leave the construction to someone else, it’s always a good idea to have a professional look over your plans.
Once you’ve got your dream room mapped out, you can move on to the next fun adventure – decorating!
Would you want your room to be light and airy or maybe rustic shabby-chic?
Could you warm it up with the use of wood accents or use cool stones?
Does your vision include retro furniture or all modern designs?
The possibilities are truly endless!
Concerns, Questions, and Answers
Can having a gorgeous enclosed outdoor area really be that simple?
There might be a few things on your mind that might keep you from the enclosed porch of your dreams.
When undertaking any major renovation, it’s good to know what issues lie ahead of you; here are a few to keep in mind:
- Location – Note where you want to put your enclosed porch. See how the sun travels across it during the day or what you’ll be looking at and make sure to use this information in your plans.
- Space – You won’t regret going larger. It’s already a guaranteed investment in your home, make it the best one possible. Bonus: if your lawn is difficult to maintain, this will take up a bit of that real estate.
- Flooring – Don’t forget this essential element! It’s easy to think about the walls and roof but you need a durable floor that can handle more outdoor traffic than usual.
- Cost – This is probably the major concern of any home renovation project. Be sure you get the best quality material for your money.
- Energy Efficiency – Installing energy-efficient doors and windows will easily take care of this concern.
Once you’ve cleared these hurdles, you’ll have peace of mind. That makes enjoying your new addition all the more relaxing!
Imagine What Your New Sunroom Can Do For You
Having a sunroom increases your home’s square footage but actually has more in common with your garden. It’s like having the best of both worlds!
Sitting in your enclosed porch is like being outside without nasty bugs pestering you or having to maintain expensive expansive lawns.
The best part? You can enjoy the beautiful outdoors (which has been proven to have tons of health benefits) while still being in a comfortable climate-controlled environment.
They’re incredibly versatile; a sunroom can serve as a den, a workout room, even an office.
Can you picture yourself sitting down and firing up your laptop while surrounded by nature? It’s safe to say any unpleasant task would easily become easier to do with the right environment.
Enjoying the outdoors year-round in the privacy and comfort of your own enclosed porch can easily be a reality.
An Enclosed Porch – The Perfect Way To Update Your Home
You’ll have no regrets adding a gorgeous sunroom or enclosed porch.
With so many options available, you’re bound to find one that completely meets all of your needs.
Whether you’re looking to sell or just want to be surrounded by nature all year round, there’s no better investment than an enclosed porch.
Which kind of enclosed porch are you dreaming of? Tell us in the comments section and share your unique vision!