One big trend in restaurant/pub/café design these days is the outdoor patio. We’re all cooped up during a long winter so the outdoor patio is a fun place to dine during the warmer months.
A physically isolated patio is one way you could have it, but that’s a poor cousin to the way you should have one installed ─ with big glass patio doors. That opens things up visually which seems to have a powerful effect on customers opening their wallets.
A Wonderful Customer Experience
An outdoor patio with wide patio doors with lots of wonderful glass makes an inviting statement about your business.
Who could benefit from a new patio?
- Café’s and bistros
- Bed & breakfast inns
- Golf clubs
- Smart proprietors who want to keep customers at their establishment
Symposium Café. For instance, this outdoor patio belonging to Symposium Café in Ajax is excellent. Symposium Café’s are the latest in café/restaurant design/business models. Notice the beautiful glass frontage as well. It’s spacious, has umbrellas and the seating’s not bad, however it could use some taller plants because it’s a little too exposed. A cool patio door would put this place over the top!
A beautiful patio is a brilliant way to differentiate your business from the competition and give your customers the best experience possible.
Here are 8 Great ways to make your outdoor patio even better:
1. Minimum 8 foot umbrellas, so customers don’t have to move their chairs to keep out of the sun
2. Propane heaters so they know they’ll be warm if they come to your establishment
3. Exotic plants and a few visual masterpieces to provide something to look at help them launch conversations
4. Ornamental trees to provide privacy where needed (near parking lots)
5. Nice arrangement of tables (not in a row)
6. Beautiful collection of colourful flowers
7. Use large stones where necessary to provide greater safety near parking lots
8. Stone waterfalls (custom designed or prefab fountains at Home Depot or Lowes)
The plants, waterfall, heaters add an extra cost, but when you go all out, this is when people do “word of mouth” referrals, where your real revenue begins. People talk about amazing places so let that be your establishment.
Give them more to enjoy and more to share and where better than on your outdoor patio?
Renovating your home for a better quality of life? Consider how you’ll feel in your new sunroom or solarium. See the stars at night and enjoy nature during the day.